Mission – Why Does the Youth Employment Council Exist?
The NIWB Youth Employment Council exists to facilitate or ensure youth employment services in the community through strategic leadership collaboration with employers and public-private partnerships.
What is the Focus of the Youth Employment Council?
To provide opportunities for employment, training and education to promote successful outcomes for youth.
What is the purpose of the Youth Employment Council?
To assist the Northwest Indiana Workforce Board in:
- Developing and recommending local youth employment and training policy
- Championing the youth employment and training focus in the community
- Taking into account a range of issues that can have an impact on the success of youth in the labor market
What are the strategic objectives of the Youth Employment Council?
- Ensure youth are positioned for continuous education, learning, and workforce success
o Summer Youth Employment Initiative
- Align education with the necessary business skills (i.e. specific technical skills, soft skills)
o Employer Expectations
- Help youth understand the skills needed to be successful in the workforce
2016 - 2017 Youth Employment Council meeting dates
All meetings are held at The WorkOne South Bend Office
851 S. Marietta Street
(Monroe Industrial Park)
South Bend, IN 46601
- November 9, 2016
- January 10, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- July 11, 2017
For more information or any questions, please contact: KLevi@gotoworkone.com